Thursday, June 18, 2009

Update

So, obviously haven't been on here for quite a while, but due to Katie's prompting I'll see if I can make another go at it. Here's a quick rundown of all that is currently going on:

1) About a month or so ago in early May I got engaged to the love of my life. Emily was great in helping to pick out the ring and I got to propose to Katie over a dinner of Valifornia rolls (sushi was our first date and we are moving to California), Napa Valley wine, and Vhristopher Elbow chocolates. Perfection!

2) Graduated with my Master of Divinity (coolest degree name ever!) from Saint Paul and got accepted into the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, CA where I will start my PhD in the Fall. GTU is a great program. When I went out and visited I absolutely fell in love. Plus it's in one of the most beautiful places on earth, which doesn't hurt. I'm quite excited! Will continue to update on that one as it occurs...

3) Just had my last service at church on Sunday, June 14. I preached and they had a little reception for me afterwards. It was really sweet. Tough saying goodbye to everyone though. The pastors 5th grader who would have just been going into the youth group next year wrote me a note about how I was his inspiration, cutest thing ever. I took the youth to World's of Fun today for one last hoorah and have been on the verge of crying ever since. Leaving is tough :(

4) Moved into Katie's place this week and starting to see how this whole living together thing will work out. Two days in I'm still loving it. She's the best :)

5) Nothing beats a late night happy hour with friends.

That is all for now, maybe I'll get better about this as I move on. Night kids.

No comments: